Friday, May 25, 2007

Crappy lit.

So I've been thinking.

I am becoming less and less interested in blogging. If I have a really funny/disturbing story that I am excited to write about, then less than 3 lines in, I lose all interest and stop.

I am thinking it is just a rut.
I am thinking that my life is becoming so routine that I can't focus long enough to follow through with anything...let alone blogging.
Well.
Today is the day that I will jump out of my rut. Things are changing. I am changing. Well, I am trying.

I have nothing interesting to blog about today, but I do have something to say.

I hate the shopaholic series.

Hate.
Do not tell me you like them. Do not tell me that they are 'SO good'. Because they aren't.
My best friend, E, LOVES them and gave me the first one to read. I was about 1/2 way through the book and literally called her to ask if she was joking. She wasn't.

This is the first book that I think I've ever read where I grew to despise the protagonist to a point that I was rooting for her to fail miserably in all aspects of her life.

If you have never heard about the series, here is a quick synapse.

Girl spends money she doesn't have on things she doesn't need.
Girl gets majorly in debt and lies, and cheats to get out of it.
Girl dates rich guy... but secretly despises him.
Girl lies to rich guy to get money out of him, then leaves him because she doesn't love him.
Girl falls for another rich jerk, who also falls in love with her.
Girl gets everything she wanted because she snags a rich husband she loves and can spend money all day.

Are you kidding me?

Seriously.

Don't read them. I think they actually lower your IQ.



#8 I have a goal to get to hit all 7 continents by the time I am 27. Although, I am debating whether or not I need to get to Antarctica. It isn't exactly populated, and there is an actual hole in the Ozone layer in one area (which is completely inhabitable), not to mention it is freaking cold (please note that I am not a baby about cold weather, as I have survived a winter where temperature dropped to below -45 degrees Celsius. Yes, you heard me. -45. The temperature at which your body freezes within 5 minutes of exposure. No joke.).
Moving on, I have already knocked 3 off the list. I have 4 years to do this... and I am entirely convinced I will do it.

No comments: