Thursday, December 21, 2006

All the hustle and bussle...

So I attempted the impossible today. Christmas shopping.
Between dodging screaming children rolling down the mall, feeling like I wanted to run over every pedestrian who walked in front of my car, and the grouchiness of my sister, I didn't accomplish much at all. Normally I can deal with the bitchiness of all the customers, the need for other people to nudge you over while looking at something, and even the kids being their annoying selves. However, when my sister asked to come along because she had a few things to pick up, and the afternoon turns into me standing around in ridiculous shops waiting for her and constantly saying 'No, I think that skirt is cute' or 'Why don't you just try it on' or 'Yes, I think that colour would look fine on you', I left feeling exhausted, frustrated and completely defeated.

Nothing that a bottle of red wine, national lampoons christmas vacation and the purchase of a beautiful leather bag can't fix. Maybe tomorrow....

No comments: