Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Operation: Don't have a nervous breakdown.

While my last post hinted a rough day was in store for me, I was not nearly prepared for what occurred. Basically, I think everyone was going out of their way to piss me off. At one point I actually thought that everyone was playing a joke on me. They weren't.

My afternoon consisted of attempting to track people down who seem to be hiding all of the equipment I need, receiving e-mail upon e-mail from boss asking me for more data, interspersed with requests for more analysis to be conducted immediately.

However, I think my breaking point occurred during a snotty discussion with a 'research assistant' (if you can even call him that) which basically consisted of him implying that I was an idiot because I didn't just know the protocol and mandatory form requirements to submit for travel expenses. It is not like this was the first time I had attempted to do so. Oh wait.... yes it was. And it's not like it is his job to deal with the accounts. Oh wait.... yes it is. And it is not like my Boss told me to take my invoice to him, so that he could 'deal with it'. Oh wait....yes he did. So in this regard, I will say to him:

Dear asshole:
I realize that me asking you to actually do your job is somewhat inconvenient; however, I would appreciate it if you did not sigh loudly and roll your eyes at me when I walk into your office. If you continue to do so, I might be inclined to say 'I don't want to talk to you either dickhead, but if you would just answer my question instead of making exaggerated facial expressions, I will leave and only bother you when I am specifically asked to do so'.
I look forward to your retirement.
-maryanne


Sidenote: It is so cold out right now, that when I walk to my building (a mere 7 minutes outside) my mascara freezes and then melts when it comes in contact with my skin. Normally, eyelashes aren't supposed to come in contact with skin; however, my eyelashes seem to be freakishly long. This leads to me walking around with huge black smears all over my eyes. There is nothing more attractive, I assure you.
NOTE: I bought waterproof mascara yesterday (even though I hate it). Hopefully this crisis is now averted.

No comments: