Wednesday, February 21, 2007

100 Things

Almost every blog I read has a post titled '100 things about me'. I figure, it is about time that I join the 100 club. I have been hesitant up to this point about compiling such a list, because I fear that I will not make it past #25 before adding points like 'I hate kidney beans' or 'I eat fruit cocktail out of the can'.
I want my 100 list to be entertaining, and exciting (which, will be difficult because I am neither entertaining nor exciting....). Nevertheless, I have decided to forge on. At the end of each post I make, I will add another entry to the list. Today, for instance, I will add #1. Here goes:

#1. My first kiss was when I was 8. I believe I was engaged in a game of 'boys chase girls' during recess in the 2nd grade. Basically, the game rules were:
1. Boys chase girls
2. If caught, the 'caught' girl gets kissed by the 'catcher' boy.

Usually, the girl is not a willing participant in this game (hence the chasing), but the thought of being kissed by a boy was repulsive enough for us to run around the schoolyard for the entire duration of recess.
One day, I was caught by a boy named Jeremy. As the other boys crowded around us, I remember him kissing me, and in a fit of helplessness, I head-butted him. Literally. I remember blood flooding from his nose and covering my new Micky and Minnie Mouse sweatshirt (which I obviously never wore again) and my pink stirr-up corduroy pants (which I loved). For the next year, I was known as the girl who beat up Jeremy. He never tried to kiss me again.

And that is the story of my first kiss.
It is cute right?
No?

So I head butted the guy. Big deal.

No comments: