Monday, January 08, 2007

An age old question

How early is too early to go home on a regular work day, considering that no one gave you a schedule to stick by…and that no one really cares? And when I say doesn’t really care, I mean don’t ever say anything, but surely think ‘man, this girl is such a slacker’. At the same time, they are thinking about what boss has told them about me, and thinking ‘why is this girl making me look bad?’. I figure that I am a delicate balance between keener and slacker.

Anyway, is 4:30 too early? Because I can’t sit here any longer….I had a good run for about 5 hours doing solid work, and now I am exhausted, my back hurts from sitting, I am starving, and I have the attention span of a 5 year old. While I fully realize that not only should I be working, but taking my work home tonight to finish a few things; I absolutely can not bring myself to even think about doing one more minute today.

No comments: