Monday, January 01, 2007

What to do about nothing...

I had followed through with all of my short-term responsibilities on December 19th. I told myself that I would do some prep for my next term after taking exactly one week off to do absolutely nothing. Well, that was almost one week ago. I now sit here, again at my kitchen table contemplating the consequences of shutting my laptop, crawling into bed, and watching as many Matthew McConaughey movies as my sister owns.
Technically I don't really need to start working again until Wednesday.... however, I have an oral presentation early next week defending the progress of my research (which I haven't started) and another presenation defending my progress to the people funding my project in a conference in late January (which I haven't started).

At the moment, I can't decide if I want to get a head-start on these presentations tonight, or continue watching muchmusics 100 best videos hosted by Carmen Electra. However, the latter is looking a little dissapointing, considering that Kylie Minogue grabbed the #34 spot for 'Can't get you out of my head'. What the hell..... why not give the backstreet boys one of the top 40 spots for one of their video's... oh wait, they did. I digress. The issue at hand looming over me... do I do the responcible thing and start whipping up a powerpoint presentation, or do I continue my lazy holiday for one more night? hmmmm.

No comments: