Friday, January 19, 2007

Awkward Moment of the Day:

OM carrying on a conversation with me about the upcoming conference before realizing that I did not hear a single word he said because I was wearing earphones. You would think that he would have realized that I was not listening when I didn’t respond for five minutes, but he continued until I may, or may not have started humming….

In his defense, it is possible that I might have made a grunting noise while trying to lift a very heavy book off the floor, unaware that he would take the grunt as confirmation of whatever it was he was talking about. Anyway, he scared the crap out of me when, out of the corner of my eye, I see him peaking around the partition with a grin on his face. This led to me spilling my coffee on my lap, dropping my iPod on the floor, and knocking a pile of paper off the corner of my desk.

It is very difficult to try and process information given to you right after pouring scalding hot coffee on yourself, and trying to pick up everything on the floor while attempting to block out the memory of looking like a complete idiot just minutes before. Anyway, I still have no idea what he was talking about, because during the conversation, I couldn't focus on what he was talking about, but rather all the other embarrassing moments of my life that I could think of.

I am now reliving a nice memory of falling into a creek in front of a dozen people while spending the day hiking during a field school. Nice.

No comments: