Monday, January 15, 2007

AHEM

Okay, so I got a little dramatic at the end of the last post. But I still stand by what I said.

Moving on….I spent most the day frantically trying to finish my conference presentation (which I thought I was done…but keep finding new things to add), and I am getting a little concerned because I am scheduled to talk for no more than 15 minutes…leaving at least a few minutes for questions. So I had to send in the presentation today because they are making a book out of everyone’s slides…which, I should mention, freaks me out because not only can they come up with really good questions before hand; but also because if they think I did a shitty job, then not only are they going to think that I suck during the talk, but also every time they flip through the book and remember my suckage.

Anyway, as I was saying, I had to send in the slides early…and I haven’t yet timed out everything that I want to say so I don’t know if I am in the time bracket….. hmmmm. That could be a problem later. I finally sent off my final copy, and was about to start an assignment that is due tomorrow (of course)…and I thought to myself that if I have to work tonight, I am going to take a little break.

Cough Etiquette
You have probably noticed that when someone is sick, they cough…. And while I am sure that there are books covering cough etiquette like ‘How to Cough Like a Lady’, or ‘How to Cough Without Disgusting People with the Extra Phlegm that You’ve Developed Overnight’, there should be a book called ‘Required Number of Coughs During each Cough Session’. Yes, it sounds weird and I realize that it makes me sound ridiculous, but hear me out. When someone coughs, you expect to hear a string of coughing…usually 2, 3, 4 or even 5 coughs in one spell. When you hear only one cough, you feel like you are waiting for someone to finish a sentence. It is like me saying ‘so, how do you feel about the new….’ And you are left waiting to hear what the ‘new’ thing is. One of my OM’s is sick and has been coughing sporadically throughout the day one cough at a time. I feel like telling him that maybe he should consider coughing multiple times, instead of just once, because it makes me feel like he is starting a conversation and refusing to finish it. It is really annoying me. Cough twice dammit.

No comments: