Thursday, January 04, 2007

Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard.

Today is going only slightly better than yesterday. I am no longer questioning my decision to enter the workforce in a year and a half (which is probably for the best), as I have come to terms with growing up. Also, the fact that I slept (oh so blissfully) last night for more than 8 hours also helped clarify my priorities and overall sanity. It is a sweet, sweet thing, this thing called sleep. Too bad I rarely get to enjoy it, what with the rolling around, waking up constantly and the alarm clock going off much too soon. I am beginning to think that maybe I should make a habit of sleeping only 3 hours one night to get the full 8 hours the next day, due to pure exhaustion.

While I have not accomplished much today at all, I have done some busy work that needed to get done, but that does not require much thinking (ie: ordering equipment, e-mailing, organizing my desk, catching up with some OM’s who decided to show up today). I will soon attempt to get some actual work done this afternoon (after I eat lunch, that is).

I only lasted until 2:30 yesterday… which was pretty pathetic. I justified going home early for the following reasons:

1) I was getting absolutely nothing done;
2) I was totally and completely bored;
3) I was tired, and in desperate need to not be sitting at my desk;
4) I was getting absolutely nothing done.

While these reasons may sound lame today, I thought they were pretty legitimate concerns yesterday...

No comments: