Monday, November 13, 2006

Countdown...32 days.

So my final is in 32 days. I still don't know how I am going to pass it, let alone get a 'great' mark. Although you may think that the countdown is to my final, it is really a countdown to my failure as a grad student. The day when my supervisor will finally see what an idiot I am, and wonder why the hell he gave me this opportunity.
Most people would think that 32 days is ample time to prepare for a final, but this is no ordinary class. It is 6 classes wrapped into one. Really, for me, it is 8. I don't have the pre req's for the class... why you ask?! Because my supervisor didn't think it necessary. So when he teaches one concept (touching on 8 other concepts) I have to research and learn (on my own) the previous 8 to understand the one he was teaching. Agh.

I have had a sinking feeling that this day was approaching for about a month, however, it was amplified exponentially after leaving class today. Usually I can somewhat follow what he is talking about... but not today, he just kept talking about random cases that made absolutely no sense to me.
I have so much work to do, that thinking about it is exhausting.
I don't know what I am going to do about this but...maybe I'll dig myself out. We'll see.
Plus, I feel like shit today. I always do when I eat greasy or sugary foods, and that is what I did all weekend, to try and push my approaching immenent doom out of my head.
Is it possible to gain 20 lbs in one weekend? Because I think I did. Gross.

Pet Peeve of the day: People who speed up behind me and pass me, then cut me off and go slower than I was going. Seriously. WTF?

No comments: