Thursday, November 02, 2006

Inadequacies and all that goes with it...

I think I need to take a minute to explain a little bit about how ridiculous it is that I am in grad studies.
I some how managed to get accepted into graduate studies with a supervisor who publishes papers monthly about new and exciting data he has collected or problems that he has been able to solve. For the past 4 months, I have been playing the game...doing what he tells me to do and feeling more clueless everyday. How is it that I have seemed to have fooled everyone into believing that I am smart enough to do this?
I am not saying this to be modest or humble....I am saying this because it is true.
I know I am not stupid....but I definitely seem to give off the impression that I am smarter than I think I am.... I want to ask him what he saw in me to offer me this position....maybe when I get my masters, it will be a less inappropriate question?

Anyway... My life as a struggling grad student continues.

No comments: