Monday, November 27, 2006

My officemate.

I asked my on of my OM's (office mate) if she was cold, or if it was just me....this was our conversation.

OM- well stop working so hard

Me- Huh?

OM- When you think really hard, you get cold. (said in a matter of fact kind of way)

Me- (giggling a little) What? Where did you hear that????

OM- I don't know. It is true. You use a lot of energy when you think.

Me- (laughing now) Yeh, I am sure that is true..... but it causes all the heat to leave your body?

OM- I am not lying. In Germany, during the war, laborers were given the same food rations as the researchers.

Me- What the hell does that have to do with being cold?

OM- Even then, they knew that thinking requires a lot of energy.

Me- Again, what does that have to do with being cold?

OM- IT USES A LOT OF ENERGYYYYYYY. (obviously thinking that shouting and whining is a good way to convince me).

Me- Not all energy is heat energy. And besides, it is not like I am radiating heat.... What is wrong with you???? (Okay, well, I didn't say what is wrong with you, but the way I said the rest of it obviously implied it).

And since I've spent the entire morning reading news articles on line and writing in my blog, obviously she is correct when she says that I am cold because I am thinking too hard.......

Anyway, she is now not speaking to me.

No comments: