Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday Blues

I have 2 hours before I have to attend a seminar lecture... they are the most boring talks ever. Silver lining: When I have to present my research at a seminar talk, I will know what not to do.

'This here...uhhh.... li...line is ummm errrr ahem, pointing to this uhhhh sut... sur.... structure...aghgh because I have realized, that uhhhhh well...ummmmm'

Okay, so not all of them are that bad. But what they lack in 'errrs and ummms' they make up for in one of two things:
1) Complete and utter uselessness of their research (which is carried out in an unscientific manner);
2) Good research, with applied uses, but is just totally and utterly BORING.

The thing is, they are given every FRIDAY afternoon at 4. Who's bright idea was that?! I mean really. On a friday, I want to go home at 3....not stay here until 5! agh. Anyway, I decided to make a little extra cash on the side during the weekends (because I'm not busy enough...), and I have to start at 5 today. I don't know how I'm gonna pull that off but I suppose we shall see.

No comments: